- ASTM D2520, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Methods for Complex Permittivity (Dielectric Constant) of Solid Electrical Insulating Materials at Microwave Frequencies and Temperatures to 1650 Degrees C
- BS EN 60216-1, 2013 Edition, Electrical insulating materials. Thermal endurance properties. Ageing procedures and evaluation of test results
- BS EN 60216-8, 2013 Edition, Electrical insulating materials. Thermal endurance properties. Instructions for calculating thermal endurance characteristics using simplified procedures
- BS EN 60243-1, 2013 Edition, Electric strength of insulating materials. Test methods. Tests at power frequencies
- BS EN 60455-3-8, 2013 Edition, Resin based reactive compounds used for electrical insulation. Specifications for individual materials. Sheet 8: Resins for cable accessories
- BS EN 60544-1, 2013 Edition, Electrical insulating materials. Determination of the effects of ionizing radiation. Radiation interaction and dosimetry
- BS EN 61212-3-1, 2013 Edition, Insulating materials. Industrial rigid round laminated tubes and rods based on thermosetting resins for electrical purposes. Specifications for individual materials. Sheet 1: Round laminated rolled tubes
- BS EN 61212-3-2, 2013 Edition, Insulating materials. Industrial rigid round laminated tubes and rods based on thermosetting resins for electrical purposes. Specifications for individual materials. Sheet 2: Round laminated moulded tubes
- IEC 60544-1, Edition 3.0, Electrical insulating materials - Determination of the effects of ionizing radiation - Part 1: Radiation interaction and dosimetry
Thursday, October 10, 2013
New Electrical Insulating Material Standards for the 3rd Quarter 2013
Document Center Inc. is pleased to announce that the following New Standards for Electrical Engineering - Insulating Materials in General are now available:
To see additional standards on this topic, please see our Document Center List of Standards for Electrical Engineering - Insulating Materials in General.
In my StandardsForum.com blog today, I reviewed the new IPC-HDBK-830 Revision A, the companion handbook for the IPC-CC-830 on conformal coatings for PCA's. See the article at this link, IPC HDBK 830 provides Guidance on Conformal Coatings. You may find this information to be of interest as well.
Here at Document Center, we've been working with the electronics industry since our inception in 1982. We've seen the migration of the technical documentation from U.S. military specifications and standards to industry and international publications.
Of course, it's not only the documentation that's become global! This has put additional pressures on companies to meet requirements from other jurisdictions outside the U.S. Most notable is the Rohs lead-free European initiative. And lifecycle considerations are impacting this business as well.
Remember, technology is a moving target and if this impacts your business, you need help in keeping up with the standards that support the constant change. Document Center Inc. works to not only monitor the standards you currently use, but also to inform you of new releases that may be impacting your business whether you know it or not. With superior monitoring, notification and reporting services, you owe it to yourself to make Document Center your Standards Experts!