- ASTM F381, 2013 Edition, Standard Safety Specification for Components, Assembly, Use, and Labeling of Consumer Trampolines
- ASTM F1250, 2013 Edition, Standard Specification for Stationary Upright and Recumbent Exercise Bicycles and Upper Body Ergometers
- ASTM F2225, 2013 Edition, Standard Safety Specification for Consumer Trampoline Enclosures
- BS EN 957-1, Withdrawn and Replaced by BS EN ISO 20957-1, Stationary training equipment. General safety requirements and test methods
- BS EN 12503-4, 2013 Edition, Sports mats. Determination of shock absorption
- BS EN ISO 20957-1, 2013 Edition, Stationary training equipment. General safety requirements and test methods
- DIN EN 758, 2013 Edition, Playing field equipment - Football goals - Functional and safety requirements, test methods
- ISO 20957-1, 2nd Edition, Stationary training equipment - Part 1: General safety requirements and test methods
Friday, October 4, 2013
New Indoor Sports Equipment Standards for the 3rd Quarter 2013
Document Center Inc. is pleased to announce that the following New Standards on Indoor Sports Equipment are now available:
For more standards on this topic, see our Document Center List of Standards on Indoor Sports Equipment.
It seems that safety and sports are in the news all the time now-a-days. And the standards on this topic really reflect the technical expertise that is being brought to bear on this issue.
In my experience, it was the development of headgear requirements that really started to impact the concept of equipment that can make a difference in the safety of the players and participants in sporting activities. Now you'll find helmet standards mostly categorized under protective equipment. But the documents highlighted above are now playing an essential role in safe sports as well.
I reviewed the new ISO 20957-1 today in my StandardsForum.com blog -- ISO 20957-1 - Standards head to the Gym! So often we do not realize the care that is taken when the things we use everyday are developed for us. I hop on the treadmill every afternoon for an hour after work myself. I really don't think about what goes into making all the gym equipment as safe as possible when I use it. However, we do have sports equipment manufacturers among our customer base. So now I know what kinds of standards they're using!
No matter what business you're in, Document Center has the standards for you. Make us your Standards Experts!