- ASTM D3686, 2013 Edition, Standard Practice for Sampling Atmospheres to Collect Organic Compound Vapors (Activated Charcoal Tube Adsorption Method)
- ASTM D5280, 1996 Edition Reapproved in 2013, Standard Practice for Evaluation of Performance Characteristics of Air Quality Measurement Methods with Linear Calibration Functions
- ASTM D6209, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Determination of Gaseous and Particulate Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Ambient Air (Collection on Sorbent-Backed Filters with Gas Chromatographic/Mass Spectrometric Analysis)
- ASTM D6670, 2013 Edition, Standard Practice for Full-Scale Chamber Determination of Volatile Organic Emissions from Indoor Materials/Products
- ASTM D7441, 2008 Edition Reapproved in 2013, Standard Practice for Separation of Beryllium from Other Metals in Digestion and Extraction Solutions from Workplace Dust Samples
- BS ISO 12219-4, 2013 Edition, Interior air of road vehicles. Method for the determination of the emissions of volatile organic compounds from vehicle interior parts and materials. Small chamber method
- ISO 12219-4, 1st Edition, Interior air of road vehicles - Part 4: Method for the determination of the emissions of volatile organic compounds from vehicle interior parts and materials - Small chamber method
- PD CEN 16450, 2013 Edition, Ambient air. Automated measuring systems for the measurement of the concentration of particulate matter (PM10; PM2,5)
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
New Ambient Air Quality Standards for the 2nd Quarter 2013
Document Center Inc. is pleased to announce that the following New Standards on Ambient Air are available now:
For similar standards, please see our Document Center List of Standards on Ambient Air.
OK, if you're like me, you like the smell when you get into a new car. Well, it's called off-gassing and it's the smell of the materials in the automobile as they release chemicals into the air. Or perhaps you've noticed the air quality when you enter someone's home where there's a smoker and the windows are always closed. Or a workplace where sewing takes place, which means there's a lot of lint released during the normal course of business. You have to ask yourself, is this really healthy?
Ambient air standards helps folks measure what's in the air in enclosed places to determine the quality of the environment. A lot of times we think of air quality standards having to do with air in non-enclosed spaces -- the smog levels we in California are always thinking about. But interior air can be just as critical in maintaining health. Consider folks who have lung issues. It's a big deal for them.
Because air quality is dependent on measurement, you'll see that there are many ASTM International standards in this category. You'll find more ASTM standards like this at our Document Center List of ASTM Standards on Ambient Atmospheres. Remember, ASTM was formerly the American Society for Testing and Materials. ASTM International testing standards remain a critical component of most measurement-based processes.
Document Center Inc. has been distributing standards since 1982. Be sure to rely on us for all your standardization needs.