- ASTM D7387, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Vibration Testing of Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs) Used for Shipping Liquid Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods)
- BS ISO 26683-1, 2013 Edition, Intelligent transport systems. Freight land conveyance content identification and communication. Context, architecture and referenced standards
- BS ISO 26683-2, 2013 Edition, Intelligent transport systems. Freight land conveyance content identification and communication. Application interface profiles
- BS EN ISO 6346, 1995 Edition with Amendments 1 thru 3, Freight containers. Coding, identification and marking
- ISO 668, 6th Edition, Series 1 freight containers - Classification, dimensions and ratings
- ISO 1496-1, 6th Edition, Series 1 freight containers - Specification and testing - Part 1: General cargo containers for general purposes
- ISO 17712, 2nd Edition, Freight containers - Mechanical seals
- BS EN ISO 445, 2013 Edition, Pallets for materials handling. Vocabulary
- BS EN ISO 8611-1, 2012 Edition, Pallets for materials handling. Flat pallets. Test methods
- BS EN ISO 8611-2, Corrigendum 1 for 2012 Edition, Pallets for materials handling. Flat pallets. Performance requirements and selection of tests
- BS EN ISO 8611-3, Corrigendum 1 for 2011 Edition, Pallets for materials handling. Flat pallets. Maximum working loads
Thursday, August 22, 2013
New Freight Distribution Standards for the 2nd Quarter 2013
Document Center Inc. is pleased to announce that the following new Standards for Freight Distribution of Goods are now available:
To see more standards like this, please go to our page Document Center's List of Standards for Freight Distribution of Goods. You can then follow the links to the various types of Standards under this classification code.
When we were recently visiting Savannah, GA, for the SES The Society for Standards Professionals Conference, we were able to see the ships with containers going down the river and under the bridge. Living in the San Francisco Bay Area ourselves, we're familiar with the transport of goods all over the world via ship. But it was remarkable to see these vessels loaded down with the containers up close and personal!
It reminds me of the importance of freight distribution standards. The fact that these containers can be stacked up so precisely and moved on and off the ships so quickly is just remarkable. And it's standards that make that possible.
For the standards you need in your business, Document Center is here to help you. Make us your Standards Experts.