- ASTM C1503, 2008 Edition reaffirmed in 2013, Standard Specification for Silvered Flat Glass Mirror
- ASTM E1537, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Fire Testing of Upholstered Furniture
- ASTM E1590, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Fire Testing of Mattresses
- ASTM E1822, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Fire Testing of Stacked Chairs
- ASTM F1169, 2013 Edition, Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Full-Size Baby Cribs
- ASTM F2613, 2013 Edition, Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Children's Folding Chairs
- BS EN 16139, 2013 Edition, Furniture. Strength, durability and safety. Requirements for non-domestic seating
- BS EN 16337, 2013 Edition, Hardware for furniture. Strength and loading capacity of shelf supports
- BS ISO 4211-2, 2013 Edition, Furniture. Tests for surface finishes. Assessment of resistance to wet heat
- BS ISO 4211-3, 2013 Edition, Furniture. Tests for surface finishes. Assessment of resistance to dry heat
- ISO-4211-2, 2nd Edition, Furniture - Tests for surface finishes - Part 2: Assessment of resistance to wet heat
- ISO 4211-3, 2nd Edition, Furniture - Tests for surface finishes - Part 3: Assessment of resistance to dry heat
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
New Furniture Standards for the 2nd Quarter 2013
Document Center Inc. is pleased to announce that the following New Furniture Standards are available now:
To see similar standards on this topic, please go to our page Document Center List of Standards on Furniture.
Most people do not realize that there is a system in place around the world to create and maintain products in compliance with a standards system that promotes interoperability, safety, and lifecycle concerns. We naturally assume that the things we use are made wisely and with our best interests in mind! But there is an entire worldwide effort at work behind the scenes to make sure that the products we use don't harm us.
With furniture standards, you can see that there is an on-going effort to reduce the risk of flammability and toxicity, as well as to confirm that these products can handle the load we would expect of them. Additionally, children's furniture has a special place, as with cribs and the issue of sudden infant death.
No matter what industry you're in, standards play an important role in the design and manufacture of goods that will be accepted the world over. Allow Document Center to assist you in identifying the standards you need and maintaining your collection. We provide you with auditing services for the standards you currently have, monitoring services to make sure you don't miss revision updates and the release of errata and other changes, and current awareness services similar to this blog.
Thousands of companies around the world rely on Document Center to help them meet the requirements of their customers and regulations around the world. Make Document Center your Standards Experts too!