- ASTM D1693, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Environmental Stress-Cracking of Ethylene Plastics
- ASTM D3012, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Thermal-Oxidative Stability of Polypropylene Using a Specimen Rotator Within an Oven
- ASTM D3594, 1993 Edition Reaffirmed in 2013, Standard Test Method for Copolymerized Ethyl Acrylate In Ethylene-Ethyl Acrylate Copolymers
- ASTM D3826, 1998 Edition Reaffirmed in 2013, Standard Practice for Determining Degradation End Point in Degradable Polyethylene and Polypropylene Using a Tensile Test
- ASTM D4669, 2007 Edition Reaffirmed in 2013 with an editorial change, Standard Test Method for Polyurethane Raw Materials: Determination of Specific Gravity of Polyols
- ASTM D5576, 2000 Edition Reaffirmed in 2013, Standard Practice for Determination of Structural Features in Polyolefins and Polyolefin Copolymers by Infrared Spectrophotometry (FT-IR)
- ASTM D5630, 2013 Edition, Standard Test Method for Ash Content in Plastics
- ASTM D6474, 2012 Edition, Standard Test Method for Determining Molecular Weight Distribution and Molecular Weight Averages of Polyolefins by High Temperature Gel Permeation Chromatography
- BS EN ISO 14910-1, 2013 Edition, Plastics. Thermoplastic polyester/ester and polyether/ester elastomers for moulding and extrusion. Designation system and basis for specification
- BS EN ISO 14910-2, 2013 Edition, Plastics. Thermoplastic polyester/ester and polyether/ester elastomers for moulding and extrusion. Preparation of test specimens and determination of properties
- ISO 14910-1, 2nd Edition, Plastics - Thermoplastic polyester/ester and polyether/ester elastomers for moulding and extrusion - Part 1: Designation system and basis for specification
- ISO 14910-2, 2nd Edition, Plastics - Thermoplastic polyester/ester and polyether/ester elastomers for moulding and extrusion - Part 2: Preparation of test specimens and determination of properties
- ISO 307 Amendment 1 for 5th Edition, Corrections, and update to reference to JIS K 6920-2
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
New Thermoplastic Material Standards for the 1st Quarter 2013
Document Center Inc. is pleased to announce that the following New Standards on Thermoplastic Materials are available now:
For more information on similar standards, see Document Center's List of Standards on Thermoplastic Materials. And more great resources are Document Center's two lists of ASTM Standards on Plastics - ASTM D256 through ASTM D3159 and ASTM D3222 through ASTM D5083.
When we think of plastics, in most applications we're thinking about Thermoplastic Material. Some common examples are acrylic, nylon, polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride and teflon. For good or for ill, these materials are used in a wide variety of applications here in the U.S. The product that's under the most scrutiny? The plastic bag.
Now in my part of the world, the use of both plastic and paper bags at our local grocery stores is being phased out. The reason? A new local ordinance that requires grocery stores to charge 10 cents each for the bags used at the checkout stand. Time for me to learn to take my own bag with me when I go shopping!
If your product has plastic components or packaging, you'll want to keep up with these standards. Count on Document Center to provide you with monitoring services and "current awareness" products so you can focus on your business. We'll handle the standards management for you! We're your Standards Experts.